Aluminum extrusions for 3D printers
Aluminum structural extrusions have been around for more than thirty years and have gained widespread popularity on the DIY 3D printer market. One of the advantages is that aluminum extrusions are easy to customize and connect. Extrusions usually only requires simple drilling, tapping or bolts.
Because of the large numbers of different sizes and shapes available aluminum extrusions are number one choice for many DIY 3D printer entusiast.
Why chose aluminum extrusions?
Many 3D printer builders select aluminum extrusions due to their following advantages:
- High end quality not to be compared with other no label brands
- High strength along with comparatively small weight
- Absorb vibrations. Aluminums ductility is higher than that of steel
- Assembly-friendly format, as there are standard fastenings
- They are come in many different lengths
- They are easily cut and drilled, quickly mounted, de-mounted and redesigned
- It is easy to give aluminum profiles an aesthetic appearance with the help of plastic end caps, which can be bought or 3D printed
- The geometry of the aluminum extrusions allows builders to achieve the highest stiffness of the construction
MISUMI aluminum extrusions
MISUMI har known for their high quality. We are able to deliver any lengths with pre tapped option. We also have standard lengths especially made for the Railcore II 300ZL and RailCore II 300ZLT 3D printers.